Investment Director (pre-seed / seed Fund in Europe)
We are looking for an Investment Director with a 3+Years investment track record. From our offices in Warsaw and Berlin (plus Venture Partners across Europe), we invest in pre-seed and seed start-ups in Fintech, Ecommerce and AI. We want to maintain a high deal momentum, planning to make 10+ investments in the first year. This is a key hire and there is significant growth potential with promotion to a key-person and General Partner in future funds - as such we are looking to meet high-potential people with strong entrepreneurial instincts and a track record of success.
Your tasks :
Together with your colleagues from the Fund team, you will:
- Take responsibility to track the market and scope potential investment opportunities;
- Represent our VC Fund when scouting and screening these investment opportunities;
- Lead multidisciplinary due diligence teams (with subject matter experts drawn from Analyst's team, HR, legal, financial, M&A) to assess, negotiate and close investment deals;
- Develop term sheets when acting as lead investor, and/or participate in the development of a syndicated term sheet with other VCs/CVs and leading family offices as co-investors;
- Work within a startup environment;
- Starting in your first year would negotiate and close multiple deals of high complexity.
- Provide leadership
- Present investment proposals to the Investment Committee
- Liaising with Investee’s management teams, and ensure that best financial and non-financial practices implemented
- Modeling and valuation of investment opportunities
- Master’s Degree, preferably in Finance, Economics or Econometrics.
- 3+ years experience in (one of) the field(s) of early-stage investments, corporate finance, or private equity in Europe.
- A high level of drive and be achievement-oriented, with a “deal maker” mentality.
- Excellent people skills, in order to build strong relationships with sourcing parties, and with portfolio companies.
- Excellent analytical skills, and ability to negotiate financing structures and loan documentation.
- Referably investing experience in FinTech, E-commerce, or AI ventures/businesses.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills and ability to give pitches to Co-Investors.
- Preferably investing experience in FinTech, E-commerce, or AI ventures/businesses.
- Fluency in one or more European languages is an added advantage.
- Ownership of your work
- Exciting and varied projects with global clientele
- Entrepreneurial responsibility and flat hierarchy approach